Building new businesses & diversifying family farms
The Caroline Schoolhouse provides a community kitchen that helps new and growing food-based businesses reach the next level. Our kitchen has modern equipment for making pastries and baked goods, sauces, jams and jellies, confections, and many other finished goods. We also offer cold and dry storage.
The Community Kitchen is an affordable way to grow your business without making a huge capital investment! Upon request, staff from Chesapeake Culinary Center can also help with marketing, packaging, regulatory compliance, and other incubator services.
Cold Storage: $75 monthly (subject to availability)
Dry Storage: $35 monthly (subject to availability)
Cold & Dry Storage: $100 monthly (subject to availability)
Private Event: $40 per hour (includes staff member on premise during use)
- Commercial kitchen users must have a certificate of insurance and county or state health certification. Proof must be provided.
- Minimum two-hour rental
- Monthly fees billed in whole increments
- Prices subject to change during annual adjustments
- Scheduling and access to the building must be approved by the building coordinator
- Schoolhouse supplies may be used for production but must not be removed from the premises or used for long-term storage of items
- Kitchen must be cleaned after each use and items put back in their proper place
- Persons using cold and dry storage will be assigned a designated area to store items – no exceptions unless granted permission. Areas must be kept organized and clean.
- Notify building coordinator if equipment or supplies are missing or broken.
- Technical advice on production and processing
- Business planning and marketing
- Packaging design
- Access to equipment and testing facilities
- Regulatory compliance
- Access to financing/capital
SHORE GOURMET MARKET
Shore Gourmet Market is a café and retail shop located within the Caroline Schoolhouse. Shore Gourmet carries many local specialty foods that are popular with our patrons. Selling your products at Shore Gourmet can be a great way to test your market and generate revenue.
We also procure local produce and meats for our café menu.
If you are interested in selling your product in the Shore Gourmet Market, please contact us to discuss.
THIRD THURSDAY MARKET
Chesapeake Culinary Center participates in the Town of Denton’s “Third Thursday” festivities during the summer months. On the third Thursday of each month, Caroline Schoolhouse hosts an evening farmers market featuring local produce, specialty foods, flowers, and gifts. If you’re interested in selling products during our Third Thursday Market, please contact us.